New copies of my book Bowie Knife Fights, Fighters, and Fighting Techniques are now available from Amazon at $24.95.
This blog contains additional information about the bowie knife, as well as the fighting knives of other nations.

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Benchmade Griptilian



I wanted to share this video made by Peter Burlingame, president of Self Defense Initiative, Inc., in the Virgin Islands. Like me, his favorite pocket folder is the Benchmade Griptilian, though he likes the 550 while I prefer the 551. I think it hits the sweet spot in terms of cost, quality, practicality, and sound design. Peter demonstrates how easy it is to open and close and shows a modification he makes to the 550's blade that enables it to open like a Spyderco or Emerson knife with the "Wave" feature.

No comments:

Post a Comment