New copies of my book Bowie Knife Fights, Fighters, and Fighting Techniques are now available from Amazon at $24.95.
This blog contains additional information about the bowie knife, as well as the fighting knives of other nations.

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A Cut Above with Addy Hernandez


I thought I'd link this video for two reasons. The first one you can probably guess, the second one is that Hernandez demonstrates a disarm I read about in an 1890 newspaper article about knife fighting, which I quote almost in its entirety in the book. It describes a technique in which, when your opponent thrusts forward, you cut at the inside of his wrist with your knife hand, while hitting the back of his hand with the other. This should cut the tendons, disabling his hand.

Another reminder of me of why I look forward to making my way to my dotage without getting into any knife fights.

No comments:

Post a Comment