New copies of my book Bowie Knife Fights, Fighters, and Fighting Techniques are now available from Amazon at $24.95.
This blog contains additional information about the bowie knife, as well as the fighting knives of other nations.

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Dwight McLemore on Bowie Knife Fights, Fighters, and Fighting Techniques


I want to thank Dwight McLemore for the gracious comments about my book that he posted at Blade Forums. Dwight is of course the bowie-knife fighting expert who wrote and illustrated Bowie Knife and Big-Knife Fighting System and Advanced Bowie Techniques: The Finer Points of Fighting With a Large Knife, as well as The Fighting Tomahawk, volumes I and II, The Fighting Sword, and The Fighting Staff, all of them available from Paladin Press:
Thanks to Paul and Paladin Press I got my copy today. Bottom-Line: This is a 'Good Read'! It is very clear survey of Bowie ( & Bowie-like) knife fights from the 19th century to the present. While I question a couple of the sources, these are too insignificant to mention and fall more into the category of my opinion and no more valid than that of the author. It is a great desk-side reference for the history of the weapon and does a good job of placing the folklore and myth in the proper context. I wish this were available before I undertook that first book of mine....would have kept me from believing some of the myths. Hey didn't we all back then. The artwork is dynamic and iconic, it provides a good break from the text. Paul's use of the hard edge gives the feeling of the old woodcuts of the period. I would buy this book if only for the numerous references provided after each chapter. At any rate this motivated me. Good job, Paul.

No comments:

Post a Comment